The Drug Enforcement Administration says the use of heroin has reached epidemic proportions. Health officials say more than 660,000 Americans used heroin in 2012, nearly double the number from 2007. With Mexican cartels pushing larger amounts into the country, overdoses and emergency room visits have skyrocketed as a result.
- Living Magazine – July 2017
- Helping an Employee with Addiction, Guest Article for Houston Business Journal
- Houston Business Journal: How To Help An Employee With Addiction
- ABC 13 Houston: Zohydro ER, 10 Times Stronger Than Vicodin, Causes Addiction Concern
- Houston Public Media: DEA Says Heroin Use At Epidemic Proportions